Good morning. Two days before Thanksgiving!
Here’s what caught my eye today:
1. UPDATED (J. Crew closed for $3B). J. Crew close to a buyout sale: http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/11/22/j-crew-nears-a-sale-to-chairman-and-buyout-firms/?hpw
2. Prince William and Kate Middleton are getting married in April 29, 2011, which, upon becoming a public holiday, now gives Britons a four-day weekend every year (May 2nd is already a holiday).
3. Props to jay-walking: more new yorkers are killed crossing intersections than anything else: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/11/more_new_yorkers_are_killed_at.html
4. Apple is having a Black Friday sale!
5. Barbara Bush would like Sarah Palin to stay in Alaska: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/11/george_bushs_parents_liked_his.html
6. Harry Potter made $330M this weekend, globally: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/22/business/media/22potter.html?hpw
7. Caves turned hotels in Italy: http://travel.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/travel/21basilicata-next.html?hpw
8. The FCC enters the digital era and may soon allow people to text message 911: http://mashable.com/2010/11/23/text-911/
9. A shopkeeper pretending to be Taliban fools NATO. This is really sad, but unfortunately, totally believable: http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2010/11/guy_pretending_to_be_taliban_l.html
Suggestions or submissions in the comments!