Today’s daily brief covers a new site that is the Klout for Pinterest, wrap-up of Mobile World Congress day one, an amazing infographic of rap names, UI comes to accounting software, and more. Read on!
1. Well, that was fast. Pinpuff, a new site in beta, has launched as a sort of “Klout for Pinterest.” In addition to measuring your influence, reach, and popularity on Pinterest, Pinpuff also decides the monetary value your pins will generate. I’m waiting for a beta invite but I’m really curious to see if these guys have, in fact, figured out how to monetize Pinterest. [Penn Olson]
2. Did you watch the Academy Awards last night? While there were some comedic moments, but Emma Stone’s bit was my personal favorite. Check out the full list of winners, and Daily Intel’s always fantastic round-up of the night. [Vulture - Winners List] [Vulture - Round-up]
3. Not one of the lucky ones in Barcelona this week for Mobile World Congress? Here’s a wrap-up of day one, including some pretty cool new smartphones. [CNET]
4. Accounting. Just the term makes us groan (unless, of course, you love accounting…..). Xero is a web and mobile-based accounting software built to make the user experience of accounting as seamless as possible. Xero can integrate into many business softwares for invoicing, payroll, CRM, payment processing, and more. I’m almost tempted to try this out, for how seamless it sounds, even though my career has absolutely nothing to do with accounting. [FastCoDesign]
5. Need a new resume? Loft Resumes is a new service that sells customized resumes at $99 a pop. [FastCoDesign]
6. Apple is really trying to push Dropbox out of the way. Check out the latest ad, featuring iCloud and its very-Dropbox-like features. [TechCrunch]
7. Need some new ideas for business cards? Check out some of these cool designs. I like the Paper Fortress one in design, but seems a bit hard to read. [Design Milk]
8. You must check out the Magnificent Map of Rap Names, detailing the taxonomy of 636 rappers. There are professors, dictators, and double Z’s. Hysterical. [Pop Chart Lab]
9. The Nokia 808, released at Mobile World Congress, has a 41-megapixel camera. This is just unnecessary. [Mashable]
10. The Oscar for the most social celebrity goes to… [Mashable]
That’s all from me today. Submissions and comments below please!