Happy Holi! I really miss being in India today. Holi is the Hindu festival of colors, celebrating the end of winter. Check out Instagram’s post curating Holi photos from around the world.
Here’s what caught my eye today:
1. In an ode to Holi, ever wonder how ink is actually made? Well, even if you haven’t, this is pretty cool video. As the article mentions, it definitely reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too. [Gear Patrol]
2. Netflix has announced its next original series, sci-fi-themed, entitled Sense8. The series is being developed with help from the Wachowskis (of Matrix and V for Vendetta fame). [TechCrunch]
3. Flipboard launched a new version of its app this week. One of the newest features that I’m excited to try out is the personal magazine. You can now create your own Flipboard-hosted publications based on your interests, handpicking topics and articles, rather than feeds. Keep a tab on this blog; you’ll soon see it on Flipboard! [AllThingsD]
4. What visual social resume site do you use? Flavors.me, about.me, or Vizify? The latter has launched out of beta, allowing anyone to create a visual resume of their social media and professional life. I’ve been a user of Vizify for awhile now, and I like the way the information is presented, as well the update prompt emails that Vizify sends me on occasion. [TechCrunch] and [My Vizify]
5. Tidemark wants to change the way businesses do business. The business analytics platform has released a new set of tools. The tools show data in real-time across metrics such as profit by state, company health, people, etc. The visuals in the article are fairly impressive, showing the level of detail Tidemark can get to, presenting it in an easy-to-read and digest visual format. [FastCoDesign]
6. Hubspot has put together a cheat sheet for social media cover photos, complete with downloadable PowerPoint templates. [Hubspot]
7. Are you an Evernote or a Springpad? Springpad’s latest update may inspire you to check out the app again. [Venture Beat]
8. This is strange, but kind of cool. Artist Nick Cave’s latest installation was an assortment of shaggy horses at Grand Central Terminal this week. The project is part of the 100th birthday celebrations of Grand Central. [Trendland] and [FastCoDesign]
9. This is a really cool stop motion video of a ballerina dancing. [Complex]
10. Here is a refresher on Game of Thrones in advance of Sunday night’s premiere. [Daily Beast]
What inspired you today?