Happy Monday! Countdown to Game of Thrones season 3 premiere is on. Set your calendar for this Sunday night.
Here’s what caught my eye today:
1. Vine continues to make headlines; director James Mangold released the first footage of the new “Wolverwine” movie via the app today. A slightly longer (20 seconds) trailer will be released tomorrow, and the full trailer on Wednesday. [TechCrunch]
2. Eye Candy – I love seeing recipes visualized. IKEA has done a great job with this. Here is a new list of recipes from around the world. The tres leches one is my favorite. Which one is yours? [Visual.ly]
3. Today has a ton of drama. The article about Matt Lauer and the demise of Ann Curry as co-anchor on the Today show leaves us in a dizzy circle of who-said-what and who-blames-who. [NYMag]
4. 2013, as imagined by the now-defunct Los Angeles Times Magazine in 1988. LA is supposed to have multi-tiered, electrically charged runways. There are a few things that the magazine did get right, though, such as the concept of a “smart house” and GPS navigation in cars. [FastCoExist]
5. Soon, you may be able to enjoy reading on your Kindle during take-off and landing. The FAA is working on legislation that would allow reading devices to be on during take-off and landing. [BITS]
6. Artists Marina Abramović and Ulay had a very intense love story in the ’70s. When they decided their relationship had run its course, they decided to walk the Great Wall of China from opposite ends, meet in the middle, and say goodbye. Years later, Ulay shows up at Abramović’s show at the MoMA. Check out this video to see what happens. [YouTube]
7. Justin Timberlake wins the charts, Jon Hamm’s heart, and potentially the Academy (he’s rumored to be on the short-list to host the 2014 Oscars). [Daily Beast]
8. Whilst in SF is one of my favorite blogs about the trials and tribulations of living in San Francisco. The Bold Italic put together their favorites, and boy are they good. My favorite is the parking one (my SF friends will relate to this!) [The Bold Italic]
9. For anyone from India or has traveled through India, you’ve seen the colorful trucks racing across India’s highways. Horn Please is a fantastic photo essay capturing the lives of the drivers and their trucks across 2,000 miles of northwest India. [FastCoDesign] and [Horn Please]
10. Don’t want to read all of George R.R. Martin’s Game of Thrones books? While I highly recommend reading the books, this 3-minute cartoon will get you up to speed. [FastCoCreate]
What inspired you today?