Twitter’s latest app, Vine, has taken marketers by storm in the few months since its release.
If you have not heard of Vine yet, it is an iOS-only app that allows you to create six second videos (yes, only 6!) to share with the world.
Companies such as General Electric, BuzzFeed, and Birchbox have embraced Vine successfully as visualizations of their brand’s personality and style.
GE is probably not the first brand that comes to mind when you think social media, but the brand has been quick and successful in embracing social media (check out their Instagram feed to see what I’m talking about).
GE’s posts are unique, entertaining, and make you think about science and engineering in a different light.
BuzzFeed uses Vine to showcase an insider’s peek at what goes on at BuzzFeed offices, from Mayor Bloomberg’s press conference, goats visiting on Valentine’s Day, to how to eat pies on Pi Day.
This is a great example of how to use Vine – showcase company culture.
Birchbox has made unveiling monthly Birchboxes a key component of their content strategy.
Both Birchbox and Birchbox Man use Vine to showcase products, and lifestyle of the brand (what’s inside a makeup bag for Birchbox, and how to make manhattans for Birchbox Man).
While hundreds of brands embraced Vine when it launched, the key is consistency and finding ways to connect and engage your audience. Play with different post types and see what resonates best with your community.
Here are some ways you can incorporate Vine into your social media marketing:
1. Elevator Pitch – we talk about the 30 second pitch, but what about the 6 second pitch? Are you up for the challenge?
2. Product Demos – showcase your product (GE) or the unveiling of your product (Birchbox)
3. Art/Animation – along the lines of product demos, showcase art as animation. Think of those flip books we loved as kids. What kind of information can you visualize about your brand in art format?
4. How-to Videos – recipes are the most common how-to videos, but you would be amazed at how much information you can get across in 6 seconds (check out the hashtag #howto to see what I mean!)
5. Tours – office tours, hotel room tours, city tours, panoramic view tours, the list goes on and on. If you are a travel brand, showcase your tours. If you are a startup brand, showcase what happens at the office.
What ways are you using Vine? Let us know in the comments!