Happy Thursday! Have you ordered your new iPad 2 yet? Today’s brief covers group messaging – the new craze, Charlie Sheen in New Yorker cartoons, 3D printers making edible food, Salesforce going social, and more.
Here’s what caught my eye today:
2. Infographic fun! Check out the past 25 years of SXSW. [Mashable]
3. Charlie Sheen quotes as New Yorker cartoons. LOL. [BuzzFeed]
4. The scientific way to have an absolutely perfect relationship. [Gawker]
5. Jack Dorsey’s Square is now processing over $1 million in mobile payments per day. Square being showcased at yesterday’s iPad 2 event can’t hurt business either. [TechCrunch]
6. Watch the full keynote from Apple’s event. Steve Jobs! [Apple]
7. The NYTimes is launching a daily deals service, a la Groupon, Living Social, etc. etc. [TimesLimited]
8. Umagram is attempting to take the Twitter “direct message” platform to a new level. The service allows you to @reply to a user (whether or not you follow them), with a URL that links to a private conversation. This seems like an interesting concept, but I don’t see the value-add from taking the conversation out of Twitter. Thoughts? [Mashable]
9. Salesforce is kicking its social agenda into high gear with new functions to its service cloud. Facebook wall posts and comments can be converted into cases in Salesforce, and a new Radian6 app is being developed as well. I wonder how Salesforce’s future goals will affect existing social media management tools. [TechCrunch]
That’s all from me today. Have a suggestion for tomorrow’s brief? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.